Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Planning Ideas | Music Magazine

Identifying My Genre And Target Audience:

My music magazine will focus on the genre Pop.

Definition: Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form in the western world during the 1950's and 60's. The genre is extremely electric, often borrowing elements from other styles such as urban, dance, rock, Latin and country.

Pop music is listened to by many people as it is well-liked in our era and pop songs are often seen big in the music charts. Although this genre is popular with different age groups, most pop magazine's target ages would be from 12 years and over. 


Theme:

Along with the pop genre, I decided to go with the theme of Pop Art, which is an art movement that emerged in the mid- 1950's in Britain. It drew inspiration from sources such as Hollywood movies and Pop music. So I thought of using the bright colours and the almost cartoon and comical looking designs for my magazine to advertise pop music.


Masthead: 

For the name of my magazine, I decided to use the language of the comics which is mostly seen in Pop art. 

Names that I've thought of:
ZAP!
KAPOW!
KA-BOOM!
POW!

Also, As the term 'pop' can be seen as an onomatopoeia, i thought that the language of comics such as POW and Zap are onomatopoeias too, which helped with coming up with the names. I then chose to use ZAP! as it is not only short and catchy, but it links to my theme of pop art. 


Front Cover Story: 

My front cover story will be about various different 'artists' as pop magazines are normally chaotic and full of a range of celebrities. 

My headline will be: 

100% EXCLUSIVE
BOOM! ALL EYES ON *Persons name*! 

Sub-headline:

 The pop diva's rise to the top

I chose this headline because, by the term 'boom!' it links to the theme of pop art and by saying 100% exclusive it would attract readers as they know that they wouldn't get this anywhere else. 


My sell lines will be: 

"Woah! *Persons name* 's Outrageous secrets!" 
" BANG! Secrets, Sass & Style with *Persons name*!" 
"OMG! 20 BIZARRE STAR SECRETS!" 
"POW! ULTIMATE STAR STYLE STEALS!" 
"*Persons name/s* Top 5 albums of the year" 

Most pop music magazines contents include fashion, celebrity gossip, pop music and advice. So I chose these headlines which had a range of stories which go with the pop magazine genre. Also, I continued to use the comic language to match the theme and to make it exciting.


Main Image:

The main image would be of one model and the shot will be from the models waist and up. I visualise my model looking directly at the camera and smiling.


Mise-en-scene:

The model will wear trendy clothing and the colour would be bright but not too intense. The location would be in the classroom, against a white screen and there will be studio lighting, which will enhance the model's features.

Colour Scheme:

My colour scheme will be consist of the Pop art colour palette, but i will mostly use Pastel pinks and blues, red, yellow and white. 



Additional Information:

For most sell lines, there will be a photo of the person. 







No comments :

Post a Comment